So many people have asked me where we are moving to. And the answer is Dayton, Ohio. We will be in a smaller town just outside Dayton and we are very excited about this move. We are hoping that the hospital that Jared will work for will be great, and the practice also. The town is great and has a small town feel to it, but you are still close to anything you need.
This is Amanda's art piece that was hanging in the art show that showcased art from the local elementary, middle, and high school.
TOUCH-A-TRUCK
This was such a cool event. Amanda's friends dad told us about this while we were at the art show. You could climb in every vehicle they had there. Pretend that you were driving it on a high speed pursuit, or to fight a fire, or to rescue soldiers in a helicopter. The kids had so much fun, except Ethan who was terrified on going into any of the trucks, cars, or helicopter.
Matthew(above) and Amanda(below) is in the pilot's seat, and the pilot was very close to make sure kids didn't push the buttons on this one.I asked a friend "if we only have one day, what should we see?" her reply "The Statue of Liberty."
We took the ferry over to Liberty Island and the kids loved it. Except for Ethan who seemed a bit scared on the first ferry trip. I asked him later in the evening when we got home what his favorite part of the day was and he replied "the boat ride." I guess it wasn't so scary after all.
The first glimpse of the Statue of Liberty from the ferry.
New York City!
The colors of Lady Liberty are really very pretty. It is hard to imagine what she would have looked like newly erected on her pedestal. Probably a warm, reddish copper color. But the colors of blue and green and flecks of copper are beautiful. Truly an amazing sight!!


Lauryn was a very good girl and enjoyed the walk in her stoller. And she doesn't mind keeping her hat on. Well, she hasn't figured out how to take it off yet, but I am sure that is coming.

Ellis Island

The kids favorite part of Ellis Island was playing in the trees. That is pretty much all we did there. I think if our kids were older we could have enjoyed watching the movie about the immigrant island, but they just wanted to run around. The historical part of the trip was not up their alley. But they understood why the island was there and what purpose it served.


Eating Fun-Dip and getting the "Incredible Hulk" tongue.


New York City!
Lauryn was a very good girl and enjoyed the walk in her stoller. And she doesn't mind keeping her hat on. Well, she hasn't figured out how to take it off yet, but I am sure that is coming.
The kids favorite part of Ellis Island was playing in the trees. That is pretty much all we did there. I think if our kids were older we could have enjoyed watching the movie about the immigrant island, but they just wanted to run around. The historical part of the trip was not up their alley. But they understood why the island was there and what purpose it served.

Eating Fun-Dip and getting the "Incredible Hulk" tongue.
6 comments:
What an AWESOME day and trip. Some day I WILL go! Ok so where are you moving to???
How cool riding in all those cars! My kids would have loved that. And I can't believe this is the only time you did NYC! Of course, without the hubby, I would have been scared to go too. Where ARE you moving?
I am glad to see the pics. What a fun couple of weekends. I wish we were having your warm days though. I wish you were going to be closer. Love you all.
I loved the pictures...and the trip looked really fun. We all want to know where you are moving!!
I love New York! You'll have to go again sometime and visit FAO Schwartz for the kids, Central Park and get a hot dog! I'm happy to see you've been having lots of fun.
So jealous. I want to go to NY soooo bad. Maybe someday I can talk Nate into something other than camping. Kids looked like they had a lot of fun! GOod luck with the move!
Post a Comment