Colonial Williamsburg
Colonial Williamsburg is a fully restored town that is set back in the 1800's. Everything is like how it was back then (Except the bathrooms, those were modern). We got to see the cannon go off, and listen to the marching band go down the main street.
Of all the cool things there were to see there, the boys still had to stop at the drainage grates and put some rocks in.
Daddy and Ethan walking down the main street. Yes that is horse poop ahead of them. I said everything was like it was back then.
Here is the marching band. Even the people are dressed like the colonial times.
This is the capital building of Williamsburg. George Washington has been in this building. And they convicted some of Black Beard's pirates in their court and hung them out behind the jail. Very cool.
Amanda is demonstrating how a pirate might have been held in this jail.
The kids are at the blacksmith shop. They loved visiting this place most of all. They stood and watched the blacksmith make nails for 1/2 hour.
The magazine room. It held all of the powder and artillery for the army.
Above is the Governer's Mansion. We toured the inside, but the grounds were even better than the inside. My kids could have played in the gardens for hours.

Jared took this picture. It was cooked by the governers chefs. How would you go about carving a whole pigs head. I wouldn't want to see that on my table.
The hedge maze at the mansion.
VIRGINIA BEACH
Of course we couldn't pass up a day at the beach. Fabulous, soft sand, big waves, warm sun. Sounds like heaven to me.




Lauryn's first time in a swim suit. I love her chubby little legs.


Busch Gardens
Lauryn was very excited to be there. Too bad she is too small for any rides.
Ethan was a bit scared to go on anything bigger than this. But the others couldn't get enough.

Dad, Matthew, and Amanda on the boat ride. Ethan was big enough, but no brave enough to go on this one. Matthew was tall enough to go on a loop da loop roller coaster and wanted to do it again and again. They don't allow pictures on those rides. They want you to buy the pictures that they take.
Ethan go brave enough to go on DaVinci's airplanes. Look at them fly.
Lauryn's first time in a swim suit. I love her chubby little legs.
6 comments:
What great pistures!!Awesome trip! I'm so glad you have been able to do some pretty cool things before you leave.Love you all.
What a fun time! I need to go on vaca with you :)
You guys get to do so many cool little trips, I'm so jealous! It looked like you had a blast love the pigs head.
Dude, those look like some grand adventures! Glad you guys are making the most of being in the East.
You're East, I"m West, our families are in the middle. Sigh... :)
What a fun vacation for your family! Your adorable baby girl is growing so fast...I love her in her cute suit!!
wow!! What fun trips! Williamsburg is right up my alley...wish I could have tagged along with you! The beach also looked heavenly and Lauryn's chubby thighs in her suit are delish!!
Congrats on Dayton! So exciting!! Good luck with the move!
We are finally in Mexico!! We got here on Sunday...and NO--no more traveling for Ben while we are here. Yeah!!
Post a Comment