A Getaway to Tennessee
Falls Creek Falls Park
Just a couple of pictures of the little pools and falls we climbed around.
Crossing the suspension bridge. Both hands on the rope!
We made it to the other side!
Falls Creek Falls, we made it.
Chattanooga
We drove to the top of Lookout Mountain and then proceeded to pay money to ride back down the mountain. But it wasn't in a car, it was in a train/tram sort of thing. The kids thought it was a roller coaster, but just really, really slow.We ventured into Rock City. We weren't sure if it was going to be worth the money, but it was totally cool. Probably a couple miles of sheer joy for kids. Caves, caverns, rocks, waterfalls, fairies and gnomes. Bridges of rock and bridges of wood, standing high enough to see 7 states at once. This place was an exploration at it's best!
One of the many crevices in the rocks.
The kids are climbing their way as far as they can go into the wedge of the rocks.

These two pictures is what the park looked like above the caverns and caves. Beautiful rock walkways amid the trees.
Daddy and Lauryn in a cave/tunnel. Yes, Jared is ducking down because he and the baby would hit their heads on the top of the tunnel.
The kids had so much fun climbing on, around, and through the rock at the park.
The kids were starting to fight over something stupid so I distracted them and told them to touch the wall of the cave. And they did it!
We are inside a cave with Gnomes and Fairies. Here is their wishing well.
Standing just below the waterfall. But on our way up!
Getting to walk over yet another suspension bridge. Lots of fun!


Above, standing high enough to see 7 states at one time. Below, standing in almost 7 states.
We were lucky enough to visit friends that live in Tennessee. Oddly enough I didn't take any pictures of our kids together. But they took this one of our family.
Last but not least, Stinking Creek Rd. We had to take a picture. "Where do you live?" "Stinking Creek Rd." We also saw signs for a state park called... Big Bone Lick State Park(LOL), but we weren't fast enough with the camera.

One of the many crevices in the rocks.
The kids are climbing their way as far as they can go into the wedge of the rocks.
These two pictures is what the park looked like above the caverns and caves. Beautiful rock walkways amid the trees.
4 comments:
You guys always have the best times. It looks like so much fun. I love the fall colors in the east. Love you guys and miss you.
Cool! Next time we visit let's meet up somewhere like that!
So cool that Britt got to visit! I love that you guys are enjoying the sites around your new place. I noticed that the first year we've been in our new state it feels like we're tourists. We don't do as much cool stuff now...
This is Spencer- I'm very grateful for the memories. I miss Ohio, I miss you and Jared, being home for dinner, spending time with family, watching the kids be kids and all of the simple things that make life so meaningful. I can't wait to do it again next Fall. Thank you for a wonderful experience.
Post a Comment