Friday, September 17, 2010

Return to Michigan

Yes it's true. We couldn't stay away. We are only a 4 hour drive to one of our favorite get away spots. Lake Michigan is fantastic! I know I have posted pictures of past vacations of our family doing the exact same things we are doing this time, but we never tire of it.

We arrived late Friday night and spent 3 days in Holland. It rained all day Saturday so we went shopping, swimming in the hotel pool, and saw a movie.

First thing Sunday, the beach of course. The weather was great. Warm and just a bit breezy. But fabulous and freezing Lake Michigan water and sand always feels good. The water was cold but the kids (except Ethan) didn't seem to care.

Here they are venturing in the cold water. They go used to the cold water quickly because they didn't come out for a while.
The kids found lots of seagull feathers and thought they were cool. Like the magic feather that makes Dumbo fly, just no flying involved. And they made good flags for sandcastles.
It is interesting taking a 9 month old to the beach. She is much more mobile than the last time she was at a beach. So my day involved cleaning out her mouth several times because she either face planted in the sand or put her sandy hands in her mouth.
Ladies Watch Out!! The perfect specimen of a man was found loitering at Lake Michigan. Oh yes, he was there and just a few feet from us. It was all I could do to keep myself from jumping up and chasing him down the beach. YIKES! Notices all his accessories. Hat, IPOD with giant earwarmers for headphones, a skinny latte casually in hand, and something hanging around his waist. Oh yeah, that is his speedo, ooh laa laa. And his ipod holster looking like it may just pull that speedo right off his tight a**. HOLD ME BACK!!!! For a good time call 576-BABE (really that is a joke, don't dial the number)
After getting over the hot flash from perfect man at the beach, we cleaned up and went go-kart riding. Ethan was less than thrilled. He was screaming almost the whole time. He finally stopped crying and was smiling at the end of his ride with Daddy.
Of course there is an ice cream store right next to the go-karts. So we had to get some. Lauryn loves Daddy when he shares his yummy treats.
I have no idea what Amanda and Ethan are looking at, but it must have been more important that looking at the camera. But fun was had by all at the ice cream store. In fact, it is probably the only time the whole trip that everyone was quiet.
We drove back to the beach to watch the sunset that Sunday night. Spectacular. I would love to see this sunset every night.

My sweetheart and Me.
My little sweetheart and Mommy. The others "sweeties" were too busy playing in the sand again.
Our last day we went to the orchard. Picked some apples, ate some grub at the family restaurant, and bought some apple cider doughnuts.
She is just way too cute. The apple is as big as her face. LOVE IT!!!
We got a big wagon and put 3 huge bags of apples in it. And Amanda pulled the boys in it too.
We love Michigan and it felt like home to go back for a weekend. We'll be back!!!

6 comments:

kristi said...

Looks like you had a great time!!!! I too love Lake Michigan!

Julie B. said...

What a fun time. Love the beach pics. What a "speciman" haha!! Yummy, huge,beautiful apples, especially the little face behind it. We miss you so much.

Britt said...

I miss those apple cider donuts! And that guy on the beach makes everyone else look great!

Erin said...

I'm DYING! The beach, the apples and that perfect sunset! Wow! I love Michigan!! What a fabulous trip for you guys. I'm so happy you had a good time.

p.s. I DID call the number of that hunk-a-licious speedo man and he DID answer. You just wanted to keep him all for youself. Silly you. ;)

Anonymous said...

Banana hammock guy is too much!Did he see you take that picture of him??? I wonder if he thought you were admiring him hehehe Looks like a great trip, great family memories!

Tiffany said...

I love the apple picture, can you see her face. So cute and I love that man what a hottie. I would've fought you to him lol. That sunset was amazing and so was the picture with Jared. We will be visiting this time I PROMISE!