Friday, January 16, 2009

The Phone Call

It sounds scarey, but it really isin't. We get a phone call this morning around 4am. When the phone rings this early my first thought is that someone is in trouble. The other possible reason is that Jared is getting summoned to go into work because one of the first year residents didn't answer their page.

This morning it was neither. School has been cancelled. No snow on the way, just really cold weather. -12 at 8am. I guess the school board doesn't want any kids getting frostbite while waiting for the bus. Let's get real. Most of the parents drive their kids to the bus stop on rainy, snowy, cold days and keep them in the car until the bus pulls up.

School was only a 1/2 day anyway today and Matthew wasn't even going to go to school because of afternoon kindergarten. But still, now what am I supposed to do with them the whole day. I had things to do this morning. I guess I could take them to the gym, or the library, maybe even McDonalds(yuck! maybe not). Plus there is no school for MLK day on Monday. 2 whole days plus the weekend. I'll figure something out.

5 comments:

Cristy said...

Good luck! Glad the phone call wasn't really something serious (it freaks me out when the phone rings between 11pm and 6am)

Curious: You said Mathew is in afternoon kindergarten? I'm thinking about doing that for Will next year, but was worried that all the kids in there would be super cranky and the teacher would be cranky, any thoughts on the subject?

Kenn and Natalie said...

My kids have today off too, but it was planned. It is supposed to get up to 52 degrees, so I might take them to the park for a picnic. I wish you guys were here where it isn't so flippin cold!

Britt said...

-12! Geez that's cold! Maybe they were worried their heater would break!

I have to agree with you. Spencer would be just happy as can be with one thing.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. Of course you can follow my blog! I am happy now I have your guys blogs to read.

Tiffany said...

Why do they have to call so early? Sorry about that. So how was the weekend? Did you have things to occupy them. I love playdo