Saturday, January 31, 2009

January Happenings

Hooray! Amanda is sporting her new red belt with black stripe. She tested yesterday and was able to move up one more belt. Next belt in Tae Kwon Do is her black belt. She has her private black belt test in March and then her public test in May. She will be able to get her black belt before we move! Congratulations Amanda!!!
Last week the snow was finally "slushy" enough to build a snowman. The kids have been waiting to use the snowman kit that my sister Brittany gave us. Matthew decided to give our snowman a big hug.

The kids even found some dried sticks for his arms. The weather has been cold enough(not a suprise) that our snowman is still standing in our backyard.

Here is Amanda doing one of her forms for her test. She's the one on the left with the dragon on the back of her uniform. She did a really good job and we are very proud of her.

2 comments:

Britt said...

I am checking your blog from my ipod! It's kinda small. Your snowman looks great! Good job Amanda. Now I know who really protects the family.

Tiffany said...

Good Job Amanda. I told Audrey to be nice to her or she'd beat her up. What a kid. Love the snowman, i'm glad you can go outside. We can't because of the dumb inversion. I think we're still in red health. they don't even let Audrey play outside for recess. It sucks