Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Ethan's 2nd Birthday

I try to make my kids birthday's special by making them a one of a kind cake. Ethan absolutely love cars so I made him a racecar cake. I bake a cake in a breadloaf pan and shaped it to look like a car. 1 bottle of red food coloring later and voila!! we have a red racecar! Ethan thought that it was so cool.


So it was Amanda's idea to use a red velvet cake mix for his birthday cake. I thought that it would be cool to give the car a red interior, however it made a very messy little boy!

YUMMY!! I love my red cake, now where are my presents!


Ethan got a Diego treehouse for his birthday. It was a popular toy with all the kids. Ethan had to put up a fight just to play with his own new toys.
He's having a lot of fun with his new dumptruck. It makes noise too!

Ethan's Grammie gave him a monkey pencil holder. She crossed out the pencil holder part and put a Hot Wheels car holder on it instead. He thought it was cute and had fun making monkey noises


3 comments:

Britt said...

Ethan looks like he REALLY enjoyed that cake! I love the messy cake pictures! Good job on the cake and Happy Birthday Ethan!

Tiffany said...

My kids love your videos. They laughed a lot. YOur so great on the cake. I go the easy walmart made ones. Oh well. Nobodys ever said i'm a true burt baker

Julie B. said...

Happy Birthday little Ethan. You are so cute. Great job on the cake mom. Hugs and kisses for all.