Just catching up.
My sister and I have always talked about having a sister's weekend. A weekend without kids or husbands. Just the girls. So my husband finally said "If you want to do this you are going to have to plan it. So just do it!" And I did. We decided to go to Park City. We had so much fun. We made such yummy breakfasts every morning and then ate out for lunch and dinner. We went shopping at the outlet malls and found treasures to take home. We got the best pedicure ever with shiny toes and jewels. We had sushi, subs, mexican, and fancy food. Just hanging out with my sisters is the best.

Mom and littlest sister came up on Saturday to do fun stuff with us.

Standing in line to ride the Alpine Coaster. Court is anticipating the ride ahead. It was so much fun. Doing this ride again for sure!!

We went to a nice restaurant Saturday evening. To get there we rode a funicular up the mountain to the top where the restaurant was.

Here we are inside the FUNicular. All dressed up!!

The food was great and the company was even better!!!

Great conversation too!!

Just had to take a picture of the shoes. Look how cute. Britt's shoes were super shiny and the picture doesn't do them justice. Tiff's are very animal like....grrr. And I only wish I had smaller feet to wear all of Brandee's shoes she brought up.

I think my littlest sister(who is now taller than me) had fun and we hope she did. I wanted her to feel like a big girl even though she is only 14. Loved having you and mom up for the day. It was surely a special day for me :)

Just after dinner and riding the funicular(that is such a fun word to say) back down we got a valet guy to take our picture. I just love my family. I think all of my sisters and mommy are just beautiful. It was one of the best weekends I have had!!! Let's do it again!!! (can you tell which girlie is my mom?)
In September we finally went to the zoo. I have been promising the kids we would go there since we moved here and it's only taken me a year and half. The kids and Jared had the day off so we took off!!! The zoo was not crowded at all and the weather was really nice. Unfortunately the animals were all "resting". But there were a few that were up for the day. These monkey's had everyone's attention.

We stayed at the monkey house for about 30 minutes. It was so fun to watch them play.

Playing on the steel sculptures.

This wolf was up and putting on a show for the passerby's.

And the petting zoo was fun. But Lauryn was the only one who would pet anything. She's not afraid.
In August we had a visit from Jared's sister and her little family. It was so great! We love to have our family and friends visit us. Their little boy Michael was such a joy to have in our home. He and Lauryn played so well together.

We took them to the Children's gardens in Dayton. The kids were playing in a giant nest.

This nest was so cool. It was a maze of branches. The kids could have played in there for hours. Wishing I had one in my backyard.

Still at the children's gardens playing in the water. Michael has what looks like a heart monitor strapped to his chest. It's a camera from a little boys eye view. 

Thank you so much for visiting us!!!
4 comments:
Wow big post! I LOVED our weekend! Your pictures are great, I want some of them! We had so much fun thanks to you and Jared for doing it! Looks like fun things in Ohio, hopefully I can see some next year! Love ya!
Great post Jaclyn! Yes I want the pictures you took too :) Tiffany is so tall with her adorable heels on and am a total shrimp next to you guys! We NEED to do this again and I don't care when or where as long as we do it ;-) Had a fabulous weekend with my sisters and I am so blessed to have you ALL! luv ya!
Hey Jaclyn- this is Spencer- please don't wait another 10 years for a girls weekend. I'm sure the other brothers may not be as excited about these as I am, but I am so grateful that all of you got together. I think you should do this every year. I think the memories you have from these will stay with you for the rest of your lives. Please plan another one soon. I love you and love all of my wife's sisters!
I'm so glad I decided to read some blogs tonight, imagine my surprise when I scrolled down and saw a picture of my cute little boy. And what a great picture too! Thanks for posting it. It was so fun to come visit you guys; I hope it won't be too long before we can do it again.
Post a Comment