Sunday, June 14, 2009

Last Post for a While

We have had another busy month. We will go from the most recent events on down. And this will be our last post for a while. We are moving to a different state next week and I don't know how long it will take to get internet going again. And I will be very busy for a while packing, then unpacking. Ugh.

It was Matthews birthday. After careful consideration and much deliberation, Matthew chose a pirate ship cake. He couldn't have been happier and neither could I. The cake was very easy to make. He is very excited to be 6 yrs. old!



Sometimes it is just easier to eat without a fork. That way you can lick the icing right off.


Yeah for presents. We did just a family party this year. I didn't want to stress myself out with too much to do.

This is Matthew and his kindergarten teacher. She is retiring this year and the elementary school will miss her very much. She is a wonderful and caring teacher!




Jared and I had the opportunity to fly out to the little town of Marquette (pop. 25,000)without the kids. Thanks to Lisa for watching the boys and Debbie for taking Amanda. Jared had an interview with a practice there. Marquette is in the very northern part of MI. Yes, we would be Yoopers if we moved there which is what they call people who live in the Upper Peninsula of MI. But the city is beautiful and right on Lake Superior.




Jared and I are at the top of Mt. Marquette overlooking the city. It was a little chilly but the view is great. They have small mountains(by Utah standards) and have a few ski runs in the winter. It is an outdoors person paradise. Tons to do all the time!





This is a view from our hotel room which was almost on the top floor. It rained most of the first day we were there.


Since Marquette has such a big airport, not really, the only planes that fly from Detroit are little propeller planes. It was fun to fly there, but really noisy. Now I understand why most of the buisness people on the airplane were wearing earplugs. Even with the Ipod turned up it was still pretty loud.



Amanda had her piano recital just a couple weeks ago. This is her piano teacher and our friend from church, Miss Mandee. Check out her recital video at the bottom of the post. Amanda played perfectly!



My little sister Courtney came to visit and this is her little girl Chloe. She is the best baby and was adored by all in this home!



Chloe and the boys! Matthew loved having her around for a few days. She had us at Hello! What a cutie!




Last but not least, we finally turned on our automatic sprinklers and the kids were in heaven trying to guess where the next sprinklers would come on at.


Amanda is playing 2 songs at her recital. The first one is a duet with mom. She did a great job and played both songs perfectly. Great Job!


Matthew was an elephant in his school play(skit). If you can't understand him he had to memorize his line which goes: I eat lots and lots of big plants and tress, my trunk is for water, my ears make a breeze. He was the loudest of all the kids which is not suprising. I was very proud mom that day!

4 comments:

Julie B. said...

You did a great job on the cake. Amanda was wonderful on the piano. How come you move farther and farther away? I'll go where you want me to go, Right? I miss you all so very, very much.

Tiffany said...

Good stuff. Love the recital and graduation. Audrey starts piano tomorrow and she's very excited. Stop looking for jobs in far off places, I thought you needed me boohoo. Good luck with everything but I'll still pray for closer jobs.

Kenn and Natalie said...

I Love the cake!! I doesn't look like it was easy! The recital was great too! I hope everything goes well with your move. I'm excited to hear where you guys will end up!

Cristy said...

You sound SO busy! Good luck with the move!