This week has been really crazy to say the least. It started with being woken up early Monday morning with Matthew crying about his leg hurting. So I thought he just slept on it funny. But when he woke up in the morning he was crying and could not get out of bed. I had to carry him down from his bunk bed. I called Jared and he came home and took him to the ER. He said it could be a septic joint. Sounds bad.
Jared called later that morning and said the Matthew had had an X-ray and it showed fluid around his hip joint. They did an ultrasound too. And they took his blood(which he was not happy about, cried for 20 minutes) and it turned out to be perfectly normal. But he was admitted to the hospital and given "super Motrin" to take down the inflammation around his joint. He got to have a sleep over with Daddy. Matthew was waited on by the nurses who thought he was so cute.
By the next morning and after his second blood draw(more crying at 3am) and second dose of the "super Motrin" he was running around and ready to come home. Crazy!! But we are glad he is fine.
The same day (Monday), Ethan woke up with a fever. Nothing major. Just feeling a bit under the weather. He was still a good boy and watched "Cars" like 3 times. He woke up Tuesday morning with a temp of 104.4. Remember that Jared is in the hospital with Matthew still. Ethan had strep and is now doing better.
This same week, Tuesday afternoon, we get a call from our agent in CT saying that the house we were going to sign a lease on is not working out. ARGH! Nothing is going right. So we started looking for other options. We found a town home that would work and there were a couple available. We were ready to send in the application for it. But I had a feeling that I needed to call to make sure one more time that it was available. Nope. ARGH again! So I did a broad search for any homes for rent and found one that was beautiful and looked too good to be not rented yet. But I called and it was still available. I had my agent send our stuff over to the other agent. The owner of the home said that we looked too good to be true as far as renters go. So we just sent over the deposit and the lease today!! Yeah!! The home is beautiful and we are very excited. So we are moving into a home we have never seen in person and a town we have never been to. But we feel good about the area and the home.
So after the very crazy week(did I mention that we all have colds) things are turning around. So a special thanks to everyone who prayed in our behalf this week. We made it through the week alive!
4 comments:
Yikes! So sorry about all the misfortune this week but I'm glad you're all doing better and you found a home. Dad showed me pics of it. It looks nice and I think you'll love CT.
Some days are really bad. And some weeks are really hard. And some years are disasters.( sigh and double sigh and...) And thank goodness for another day, week and year to make better.( laughter) I love you so much.
Wow. I was wondering what happened with Matthew. Dad told us he'd gone to the hospital with leg pain, but that was it, and he never said anything after. I'm glad to hear he's okay. And hooray about the house!
Wow, when it rains it POURS! I'm so glad you made it though the week. How exciting to rent a house that you love! When do you guys leave?
Post a Comment