Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy Easter

I tried to really teach my kids this year about why we have Easter. We did family home evenings for 2 weeks prior to get the kids excited about the resurrection. Amanda gets it, but Matthew is still working on the idea of it. I am just thankful for my testimony I have of our Savior. I know he lived and he died for us. And I know he was resurrected and I know that we will be like Him one day. I love the Lord and and thankful for this wonderful Easter time of year.
Amanda looked so pretty in her Easter dress. The boys were too busy running around to get a picture of all three of them before church.

Hooray! It was warm enough to do our Easter egg hunt outside this year. The past 2 Easters it was snowing so we had to be indoors. I was thankful for the warm and sunny day this day!


Matthew got a good bucket full of eggs. All the kids got new sidewalk chalk that they used after lunch.



It is fun watching Ethan rediscover how to find eggs. He is small enough that it is all new again!




Matthew came home from school with some bunny ears that he made. Amanda loved them so much that she made one for herself and one for Ethan. They hopped around the backyard for at least 15 minutes acting like bunnies!












This isin't an Easter picture, but I went to tuck Amanda in at night and she feel asleep with her eye mask on. I had to take a picture!







4 comments:

Cristy said...

So fun! Glad you guys had a great Easter. I think Will is kind of getting what Easter is really about. Next year I am going to try and remember to do some FHE like you before!

Tiffany said...

What a fun easter. I love her dress. Glad it was good for you guys. Love and miss ya.

Britt said...

I love Easter. And bunny hats ROCK!

Julie B. said...

She does look great, they all do.I'm glad the weather was good enough this year. Love you all